The tastytrade family of companies (tastytrade, tastyworks, dough, quiet foundation, and The Small Exchange) empowers individual investors by providing educational media, intuitive and powerful trading software, high-speed order execution, innovative derivatives products, and portfolio guidance. The diversity of our offerings and the technology that powers them provides our engineers with exposure to a broad set of tools and the opportunity to dig deep into specific problems. We are an ideal environment for those who are self-motivated, engineering-focused, pragmatic, and who truly enjoy creating and operating large, highly available, and performant systems. Our team is lean at roughly 30 members and we follow a management philosophy that values the autonomy of our engineers.
What you'll do
- Work with and own the code base for our Android platform.
- Write application code using Java.
- Maintain shared behavior logic written in Java.
- Improve the code quality of a large code base.
- Participate in full application lifecycle (concept, design, build, deploy, test, and release to app store).
- Solve the type of challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive trading experience.
- Collaborate with the backend development team to enhance our UI experience.
- Partner with our product, design, and QA teams to customize the trading experience for the Android platforms.
Who you are
- You’ve built complex applications for either Android using Java
- You’ve shipped Android applications to production.
- You have experience working with large code bases, managing a shared REST API library, and writing unit tests.
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to deliver well-designed, reusable, and high-quality code on time.
- Experience with Fastlane
- Experience building iOS applications
- Knowledge of Ruby
- Experience with dependency management tools (CocoaPods, Carthage, and/or SwiftPM; Gradle/Maven)
- Experience with J2ObjC
- A passion for UI/UX design
- Experience trading equities, equity options, futures, or futures options
- Sustainable work day
- Daily catered lunch
- Full kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Dog-friendly office
- In-building gym
- Park-like roof with games and herb-garden
- CTA stop a block away, Shuttle to/from Metra
- Monthly dev outings (e.g. escape rooms, movie nights, axe-throwing, laser tag, blowling, etc.)
- Located in the West Loop--Chicago's growing center of tech, great cuisine, and high-end bars
*We are currently on-boarding all new hires remotely. We will move back to the office when it is safe to do so.