Senior Mobile Infrastructure Engineer I at John Deere (Chicago, IL)
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois - Chicago
Function: Information Technology
Title: Senior Mobile Infrastructure Engineer I - 96611
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer I, you will be contributing to a newly forming advanced wireless team that will focus on delivering secure mobile data communication solutions for John Deere locations globally. This team will lead the management and automation functions for Deere owned wireless infrastructure. The position will be engaged in selecting and managing contracted services that meet SLAs. You will also be involved in evaluating wireless tools and technologies. Ultimately producing quality innovative solutions to meet John Deere's needs with flexibility and efficiency.
- Serve as a technology innovator by staying current with wireless network trends/technologies and their potential applications for supporting our business needs.
- Provide advanced support for wireless issues using automation and wireless tools to diagnose and resolve incidents.
- Gathering customer requirements to identify the best wireless solutions.
- Proactively identify automation needs which focus on quality, delivery, and optimal network support efficiencies.
- Use CI/CD and TDD methodologies.
VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 7+ years of experience in data communications network design, support, and administration.
- 5+ years of experience supporting large global network environments.
- 3+ years of experience with design and support of 4G/LTE and 5G wireless technologies with integration to private IP based networks or public networks.
- 3+ years of automation experience using CI/CD and TDD methods. Experience with tools like (Python, Git, Docker, Helm, Terraform, Kubernetes).
- Demonstrated understanding of RF engineering concepts including link budgets, radio wave propagation, antenna theory, interference and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience managing 3 rd parties to ensure quality and reliable services related to Private Cellular infrastructure installations, upgrades, and operations support.
- Wireless tool experience for design and installation certifications along with troubleshooting of wireless communication issues. (survey/prediction tools, spectrum analyzers, EMT).
- Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead discussions to reach the right outcome and gain alignment.
- Ability to document and share knowledge with others in a way that is understood.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working on an Agile team.
- Experience supporting IT infrastructure in manufacturing environments.
- Experience with Automated Guided Vehicles, Autonomous Mobile Robots, location services and/or other mobility solutions.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- An Electrical Engineering or IT related bachelor's degree or equivalent experience as a Wireless Communications or Network Engineer.
- RF, Cisco, or other IT Certifications.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.