Join Rally Health as a Principal Scala Software Engineer where you will help build a set of systems to personalize the experience of a user based on health, clinical, medication, condition and behavioral data. This includes building systems for member insights based on fact and inferred information, user graph, relevance, recommendations, predictions and feedback loop. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.You Will:
- Architect and build scalable systems
- Guide overall technical vision and architecture
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Write high-quality, fault tolerant code and employ defensive programming techniques in a distributed system, including accounting for transactions across service boundaries
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring new technologies and improve health care tech.
- You will work with Product and Project Managers to understand the features, do technical assessment, design, cost, code, test and deliver.
- You will work in a team setting to achieve features motivated by the mission.
- We ask that you have a deep interest in software engineering and knowledge of computing concepts such as fault tolerance, self-healing, internet protocols, multithreaded programming, machine learning, performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- 5+ years of industry experience in backend development
- You have current experience with Scala
- Experience developing APIs and web microservices
- Experience with building and operating cloud-based services in a public cloud
- You have experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Experience with recommendations, predictions, personalization and machine learning, A/B testing, Spark, Kafka, and MongoDB.
- Remote opportunities available. Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states: AZ, CA, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will migrate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams to better bring our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees and paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.