Join Rally Health as a Senior or Principal Backend Engineer where you will work on projects and code that impacts the entire company as well as insurance companies that Rally partners with. You will work on the Core Eligibility team who owns the front door to all Rally products and is the first stop in a user's healthcare experience. They build a platform that provides product authorizations for the entire Rally ecosystem. You will report to an Engineering Manager. We recognize that people come from a diverse set of backgrounds and skills and we welcome all to apply.You Will:
- Develop reliable and scalable backend code in Scala
- Be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code
- Provide shared services to all products in the Rally ecosystem.
- Build a cohesive foundational platform for other teams to integrate on top of to provide a precise experience to users as they move across their healthcare journey.
- 4+ years of experience in Command of Scala, Java, or C#.
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment.
- Experience with production debugging and to track down root causes and fix them in systematic ways
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS).
- Knowledge of computing concepts including API design, crafting, fault tolerance, available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a bonus.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience.
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people by helping them take charge of their health and health care. Our culture is built on a belief of helping people live healthier lives, and we know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us, and when Rallyers can do their best work in a workplace where they feel a sense of belonging.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.