Senior QA Analyst at closerlook, inc.
closerlook’s Senior QA Analyst is a hands-on advocate for quality with a technical focus on digital marketing tactics. They are proactive, motivated and detail-oriented with an emphasis on the people, processes and technology necessary to consistently achieve expected results. The Senior QA Analyst is responsible for establishing and executing complex quality procedures, which includes testing an array data loads, operational reports, verify data integrity, accuracy of reports, and any inconsistencies within our data warehouses. There will be a specific focus on creating and executing tests of ETL processes and ability to write complex SQL queries in testing data generated from the data team’s processes and pipelines. We’re looking for candidates who are willing to take the initiative on process improvement and capable when training and knowledge sharing with others.
- Create and execute tests of ETL processes
- Support testing efforts as part of an Agile/Scrum team.
- Track and report on test status using established QA metrics and KPIs for assigned projects.
- Perform testing of the data pipelines and processes alongside the data science teams.
- Build complex test plans, design testing procedures and maintain relevant documentationClearly document defects, collaborate on resolutions, verify fixes and provide accurate reports on project status to meet commitments and deliver exceptional results
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to troubleshoot and resolve defects and other related issues.
- Contribute to cross-training sessions on best ETL testing practices to support the development and growth of the QA function
- Identify and seize opportunities for standardization, automation and modernization
- Conduct cross-browser compatibility testing and functional web testing on Windows, Macintosh, iOS and Android operating systems on desktop computers and mobile devices
- Routinely monitor our systems for defects and own incident reports for client-facing defects along with identifying and mitigating the root cause
- Collaborate with QA manager and project teams to develop, implement and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches and services.
- 6+ years experience as a software Quality Assurance professional
- 4+ years experience with SQL, relational databases and ETL jobs
- 2+ years experience testing UI for websites, emails, banner ads or other digital marketing tactics
- 2+ years experience in leading and training QA members
- Experience with building and executing tests of ETL processes
- Experience with writing complex SQL queries
- Fundamental knowledge of knowledge of data warehouse concepts
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and multi-media testing
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Understanding of product based development
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle from inception to deployment
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Proactive, results-oriented problem solver with strong organization skills
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and clients
- Strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional
- Experience working in an agile or Kanban environment
- Experience leveraging automation frameworks or continuous integration methods
- Experience working with Jira and TestRail in an agile environment
- Experience with API testing is a plus
- Experience as part of a team or system that advanced from highly custom to highly standardized
- Experience in software development, email operations or ETL programming
- Experience at a marketing agency in a regulated industry