Senior QA Analyst
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Senior QA Analyst
Built In’s Product team is looking to add a Senior QA Analyst who will help ensure quality and stability as we build new features that help tech professionals find the right companies and jobs. Our Senior QA Analyst will help our Product and Engineering teams build faster, and more reliably, through a combination of manual and automated testing.How you’ll contribute
Your tactical responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Product team to understand functional requirements, and translate them into well-structured Test Plans
- Identify, Review, and Prioritize bugs, tracking them to resolution
- Attending team Planning/Grooming sessions to provide QA input to new features and enhancements
- Creating and executing on test plans for new features
- Executing Weekly Regression Testing of existing platform features
Your strategic responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to Product discovery work, with a focus on helping facilitate rapid product delivery without sacrificing quality
- Identifying, reviewing and prioritizing automated testing opportunities
- Defining and evangelizing testing best practices at all phases of the SDLC
- At least 2 years experience performing manual testing of web applications in an Agile environment
- Amazing attention to detail
- A curiosity and appetite for building a test automation framework
- Experience working with both co-located and remote Software Engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.