Senior QA Automation Engineer / SDET
Working within the Technology Department, the QA Automation Engineer will be a core member of a growing QA Team, helping to facilitate and automate the QA process throughout the organization. This person will help coordinate the automated testing needs of the back-end with our evolving suite of products and API’s, the front-end of reporting tools, and our internal tool suite.
Who You Are
- You are a sharp, experienced software QA automation engineer with strong problem solving skills and a solid software testing foundation
- You are talented, detail oriented, enthusiastic and passionate about quality
- You can grasp tough issues quickly and deliver well engineered, high quality solutions
- You are a strong team player, a leader, a critical thinker, and a great communicator
- You enjoy breaking software, finding bugs and seeing them through their lifecycle
- You enjoy being respected, supported and being part of a great team that has the autonomy and space to do things the right way
- Develop from the ground up the test automation solutions
- Work with the CTO to help refine the QA vision and strategy
- Participate in all phases of the Agile development process
- Design and develop clear, concise, comprehensive test plans and test cases for web applications, web service applications and service oriented architectures
- Keep abreast of testing technologies and best practices with an eye to contributing to the evolution of our test frameworks and testing methodologies
- Participate in peer review of test cases, test code, test plans and defects
- Work effectively with employees at all levels to understand QA needs across the organization, as well as to help establish priorities and expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical field with strong Ruby development, RSpec, Automation, REST API experience
- 5+ years of application developer/software engineer experience
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Expertise building out backend testing frameworks, building test scripts and automate testing environment
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM development
- 3-5+ years of experience developing, deploying, and supporting web-based applications
- Experience with database design and development.
- Experience with creating and consuming Rest Web Services.
- Strong understanding of automating provisioning tasks
- Excellent QA aptitude and ability to drive process improvements
- Experience estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities
- Ability to create documentation for processes, tools, and workflows
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience tracking issues through the lifecycle of the issue.
- 1-2 years of Git experience is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Selenium, Cucumber, Python, Java is a plus
- Experience with UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, React & Ember.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) days to be used at employee’s discretion
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization
- Flexible work schedules
- Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Health and dental insurance, vision plan
- Dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office.
About Chowly, Inc.
Chowly is on a mission to simplify restaurant technology. We believe that all systems should communicate with the “brain” of the restaurant, the Point-of-Sale System. Currently, Chowly integrates Third-Party Delivery Orders (TOOS) to the POS system in the restaurant. Third-Party Delivery platforms such as UberEats, Doordash and many more, are growing at a rapid rate in the restaurant space with projected revenue totals of $73 billion dollars by 2020. Instead of restaurant employees manually entering delivery orders from one to twelve tablets around the POS, Chowly, automatically confirms delivery orders, integrates those orders into the POS system and sends them directly to kitchen printers all within 15 seconds of a customer placing an order. Chowly, the market leader in the TOOS to POS integration space, currently helps restaurants streamline the delivery process and simplify technology in over 200 cities across the US, Canada and Mexico