Senior React Developer at FTD
Position Description: The Senior Developer provides advanced-level software programming for technical projects related to the e-commerce technology platform. Create the front end for critical technology areas of our high traffic, consumer facing, $1.3B industry leading platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Join a cross-functional software development team on highly visible strategic projects, work an expert-level individual contributor to the coding tasks assigned.
- Champion innovative solutions and interact with software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing within our growing ecosystem of cutting edge SOA based applications.
- Work within an agile group for varying degrees to deliver solutions.
- Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems--seek the biggest bangs!
- Drive innovative change across Information Technology to help the department meet its strategic goals.
- Interface with team members at all levels of Information Technology to promote positive change, software best-practices, technical guidance when requested.
- Mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets.
- Actively work with the team and managers in continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a Front End Engineer.
- Advanced experience in
- Experience in SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Good understanding of how browsers and DOM work.
- Experience using web build tools, such as Webpack, Gulp, and Grunt.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies
- Write code for robust software design.
- Experience with
- Experience with Express
- Strong experience using a client-side MV* framework such as AngularJS, Ember, BackboneJS, Vue, .
- Willing to learn and expand knowledge of .
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with handling Services, RESTful, APIs.
- Experience with Cross-browser compatibility.
- Possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- Sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and object-oriented software design skills.
- Proactive, motivated and able to work in teams.
- Excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time and prioritizing those items so that your time is used efficiently.
- Proficient with software design patterns.
- Experience working with business in defining solutions in an agile environment.
- Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- Produce high-quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
- Experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
Nice to have:
- Experience in architecting, implementing and/or managing high performance scalable applications with more of the following: .NET, Web Services, JSP, EJB, Struts, , Ant, JSF JMS, XML, JBoss, Hibernate / MyBatis.
- AEM ( Experience Manager).
- Experience in , , , Test and , and/or Audience Manager
- Expertise with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice.
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack.
- Experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Microservice architecture and practices.
- REST service development and methodologies.
- Experience with the integration of third-party (licensed or open-source) e-commerce solutions.
- Experience in -based technologies such as AWS, Google , or Azure.
- Experience with various e-commerce systems such as PIM, OMS, and/or FMS.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- Annual discretionary bonus
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Perfect place to grow and bring digital transformation. Needless to say, such a high-powered, fast paced work environment offers an equally fast-paced path to grow in your career.
- 10% Bonus depending on company and individual performance
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Give FTD a look! This position will be based in Downtown, Chicago IL.
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.