Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
WHO ARE YOU
You are a Software Engineer with expertise in the implementation and design of software platforms, including infrastructure, methodology, process, and tool stack. You thrive in environments where you are focused writing performant code that supports enterprise-grade architecture. You enjoy the experience of writing software for scale and take ownership of the products that you contribute to. You understand the importance of understanding the context in which your software operates and can rationalize implementation details with the bigger picture. You’re seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity. You want to build things that matter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 80% of time spent in hands on development.
- Designs, implements and maintains software for an entire domain.
- Delivers feature improvements including performance and scalability improvements.
- Ensure that their projects and their work meet ‘Definition of Done’ quality standards.
- Increase the level of teams’ technical ability and drives measurable improvement of quality of code.
- Improve accuracy of development schedules and lowers project risk.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 3+ years in a Senior Engineer role developing Enterprise-level applications is required
- 7+ years of professional software development
- 4+ years developing application services using Ruby on Rails is required
- 2+ years creating APIs as products is required. An intimate knowledge of RESTful protocols is assumed
- 3+ years of working within AWS technologies to create cloud-based architecture is required
- Java experience is a plus, but not required
- Advanced degree (MSc) or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of event-driven architectures is desired
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks and unit testing frameworks such as JUnit,TestNG, Mockito.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, TDD, CI,CD
Core Technical Skills/Experience Requirements:
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Ruby Version 2+
- RDBMS/SQL (Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle experience required)
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, and core cloud services
- Source Versioning: Git/Github/Gitlab
Nice to Have Skills:
- Event Driven Architectures & Distributed Messaging (Message Bus, Kafka, MQ, etc…)
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- As a domain expert is able to technically vet candidates around the nuances of technology.
- Finds creative ways to execute even when there’s not a pre-determined path or map to follow.
- Skilled at project estimating – identifying milestones, work effort required, potential barriers to success
- Combines expert understanding of multiple domains with their technical skills in order to improve the effectiveness of multiple domains in question.
- Demonstrates ability to understand how their design decisions affect the scalability performance and overall cost of the application they own.
Read Full Job Description