Senior Salesforce Administrator
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial customers and partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for every user of Uptake’s industrial applications and enterprise AI and IoT platform. In the end, we help solve our customers hardest problems, help them re-image their businesses in an AI-first world, ultimately capitalizing on the promise of the digital transformation.
What You'll Do:
The Senior Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce.com Lightning Enterprise Sales Cloud and Service Cloud instances. The responsibilities include administration, configuration, and maintenance, as well as integration with other systems. You will work with the Sales, Product, Marketing, Partnerships, Finance, and Customer Support teams to develop technical requirements for business process improvements and to deliver solutions based on those requirements.
- Serve as primary system administrator and single point of contact for a Salesforce instance serving over 100 team members
- Provide daily administration and support of Salesforce, including customization of objects, fields, record types, and page layouts
- Ownership of all technical aspects of Salesforce.com, including data migrations, data quality, systems integrations, 3rd party applications and AppExchange products
- Develop automation and process improvement opportunities through tasks, process builder workflows, validation rules and/or alerts to improve the usability of Salesforce
- Own code review and testing in Sandbox environment for all customizations and configuration changes prepared internally or by vendors prior to release in Production
- Ensure the overall cohesiveness of the Salesforce ecosystems as it relates to data, architecture, and systems integrations
- Maintain system security and integrity for all user information, including updates, licenses, profile information, roles and hierarchies, and monitoring usage/storage
- Develop and document requirements for configuring, testing, launching, maintaining, and improving integrations and API connections for tools such as Marketo, Revegy, and Yesware
- Provide strategic recommendations on how to best utilize Salesforce to optimize scalability
- Effectively act as the technical Salesforce liaison between our users, our cross-departmental application leads, and external vendors
- Responsible for implementing customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions and initiatives
- Salesforce Administrator Certification. Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator (ADM-211) or Developer (DEV-401) Certification preferred
- 5+ years in a Salesforce Administrator role (Sales Cloud and Service Cloud)
- Proven track record of administering Salesforce at a SaaS company with 100+ users
- Experience configuring and managing integrations with third-party tools
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Release management experience within Salesforce environments
- Experience developing custom applications and components within Salesforce Lightning
- Ability to critically review feature requests and suggest alternate proposals and optimizations
- Professional experience in a sandbox test environment, including development / staging / production (or similar) deployment cycles
Why Work Here
Uptake is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We’re flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to solve tough, important problems. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way. We’re also proud to be one of Chicago’s best places to work in 2018 according to Forbes and Great Place to Work Institute.
We offer generous benefits including health, dental, vision, parental leave, 401K match, and unlimited vacation. We are lifelong learners, and our Uptake University program offers training and professional development on a wide variety of topics. We also have employee-led community groups including [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and many more. Learn more at https://www.uptake.com/careers.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.