Senior Server Engineer at KeHE Distributors
Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!
The Senior Server Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of the Physical and Virtualization Infrastructure across the enterprise. The senior engineer is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the Physical and Virtual Infrastructure is performing at the highest level possible. The senior engineer will be responsible for performance analysis, definition of optimization metrics and its collection.
- Ability to provide technical leadership in the testing and integration of various essential and high visibility projects.
- Technical lead for design and administration decisions related to Infrastructure.
- Training/Mentoring: Promote the professional growth of the team.
Support and Operations
- Performance and capacity planning: monitor, reconfigure and tune hardware and software for performance improvements and future scalability.
- Provide Tier III support for essential infrastructure as needed. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Ensure that systems are running at optimal performance and best practice.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Deep understanding of VMware vSphere Suite in an Enterprise setting
- Deep technical understanding of multi-forest AD implementations and the use of group policy in the enterprise.
- Strong mastery of scripting and automation (Powershell, Powercli, etc..)
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation.
- Experience with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (formerly SCCM)
- Experience with design and configuration of various Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience managing Server OS Lifecycle Management projects in an Enterprise environment
- Experience architecting complex infrastructure solutions from initial design through implementation
- Experience in SAN technologies (EMC Preferred)
- Experience with PKI and certificate lifecycle management
- Experience with Office 365 and Exchange Administration
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server configuration
- Min. of 5 years work experience in an enterprise environment at a senior level.
- Ability to meet deadlines while paying attention to details.
- Team spirited attitude.
- Strong problem solving / troubleshooting skills
Pluses: Linux, Palo Alto Firewalls, Container Technology (Kubernetes, etc..), Automation Technology
Certifications: VMware or appropriate Microsoft role-based certifications