Senior Service Management Engineer
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Integral to our Technology Operations team, the Senior Service Management Engineer at our organization will support functions such as service desk management, access and change management, asset management and licenses management.
What are some examples of projects you will be leading as a Senior Service Management Engineer at VillageMD?
- Drive evolution of service management function including establishing robust process, report and measurement framework.
- Coordinate implementation of technology operations initiatives with assistance from technical SMEs as and when needed.
What will make you successful here?
- Highly organized approach to managing day to day tasks, communication, reporting, content creation and compliance improvement
- Ability to breakup large objectives in smaller achievable chunks to make incremental progress
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Understand entire technology landscape and develop deep understanding of various technology dependencies to better support our colleagues and customers.
- Administer service management tools and platform(s) including managing availability, security, configurations, workflow enhancements and license issuance and tracking
- Governance and improvement of existing Access, Incident, Request and Change management processes
- Establish service level management framework including SLA compliance and service improvement plans
- Create process/workflows, knowledge articles and self-service guidance for services provided by technology operations and its vendor partners
- Conduct frequent training for operators and customers via communication channels, hands-on training sessions, lunch and learn sessions and employee orientation programs
- Drive “Shift Left” principle to enhance faster issue resolution and overall customer experience
- Support and provision all access requests to ensure compliance of Role Based Access control (RBAC) across all technology tiers
- Implement and manage license management framework to track cost and utilization across entire technology landscape
- Conduct regular customer feedback sessions via conference calls, emails or in-person meeting to understand current customer experience and plan to sustain or improve CSAT scores.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4-7 years of full-time experience in technology support, coordinating large technology initiatives, process implementation, service desk administration and report writing.
- Excellent documentation, communication, collaboration and overall interpersonal skills
- Experience with Service Management platforms such as Jira, Remedy or Service Now
- Experience collaborating across technical and non-technical teams throughout the organization
- Strong customer service, conflict resolution and facilitation skills
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or di