Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Collective Health
We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Site Reliability Engineering at Collective Health is a discipline combining software and systems engineering skills. We apply modern infrastructure, systems, software, architecture, and development practices to give our customers a more reliable healthcare management experience.
Partnering with engineering teams, Site Reliability Engineers build on public cloud services to deliver a comprehensive platform that enables our developers to rapidly deliver high-quality, impactful, scalable, and reliable services. As a broader team of Site Reliability Engineers, we collaborate and identify themes and solutions to benefit Collective Health at large, engage in regular knowledge sharing activities and retrospectives, and relentlessly support one another in order to gain knowledge, remove barriers, and grow as individuals and a team.
At Collective Health, we care about creating a culture of diversity, openness, and transparency, while engaging our intellectual curiosity, problem solving and software engineering skills. This is vital to maintaining an agile engineering culture while putting a robust user experience front and center. We bring together people with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives, while creating an environment where their passions can be supported, and mentored so they can learn and grow. Together, we’re building the next generation healthcare platform—join us!On any given day, you may need to:
- Collaborate on and/or lead engineering efforts from requirements to production, solving problems of developer productivity and presenting complex technical concepts to the team, engineering org, and leadership audiences
- Write code that is well-tested, easily understood, and maintainable by others
- Troubleshoot and fix complex production issues related to availability or performance, even if they are outside your comfort zone
- Work independently and autonomously
- Advise, critique, or comment on engineering designs
- Help our internal customers solve their problems in as efficient and future-proof a manner as possible
- 2+ years of work experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or Software Engineering
- Experience in supporting customer-facing production systems and responding to incidents
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Experience with at least one of the following or similar technologies, including: Kubernetes, Docker, Postgres, etcd, Elasticsearch, or related scheduling and persistence services. Apache Kafka, or related eventing systems
- Experience in at least one of the following areas of software development: refactoring code, test-driven development, build infrastructure, debugging, building tools and testing frameworks
- Understanding of networking concepts such as routing, firewalls, load balancers, and secure communication—especially in the context of cloud infrastructure
- Methodical problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and an ability to own and drive projects to completion
Imposter syndrome is real. If you are hesitant to apply because of not checking all the boxes, or you’ve had a less-traditional pathway into Site Reliability Engineering, we encourage you to still apply and mention why you’re interested in the role.Desired:
- 5+ years of work experience in DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or Software Engineering, or an advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of infrastructure, distributed systems, data storage, Linux-based operating systems, and security
Collective Health is a technology company simplifying employer healthcare to make health insurance work for everyone. With more than a quarter million members and over 60 enterprise clients—including Pinterest, Red Bull, Restoration Hardware, Box, Activision Blizzard, and more—our technical and customer experience teams are reinventing the healthcare experience for forward-thinking employers and their people across the U.S.
Collective Health is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with additional offices in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. Founded in 2013, Collective Health is backed by the SoftBank Vision Fund, DFJ Growth, PSP Investments, NEA, GV, G Squared, Founders Fund, Maverick Ventures, Mubadala Ventures, Sun Life, and other leading investors. For more information, visit us at https://www.collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected]