Senior Software Architect at Strata Decision Technology
How you’ll make an impact:
As a Senior Software Architect, you will have the opportunity to build technical infrastructures that will help many of the nation’s leading healthcare providers in utilizing their financial, operational, and clinical data to drive their mission of providing world-class care, while improving their financial health. You will be a player coach who will not only architect solutions but will be hands on building them as well.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of development, from definition, design, implementation, testing, and support.
- Advise leadership on what technology best fits business needs.
- Be an advocate for developing best practices in the organization and bring in knowledge of new technologies to the team.
- Be accountable for outcomes of major technology initiatives.
- Help design engineering processes that ensure highly reliable deployment of solutions.
- Ensure that the solutions can be built, implemented, and maintained within timelines/budgets
- Leverage industry best practices in the design and construction of software products
- Work on building proof of concept architectures that have an eye towards production.
- Perform detailed technical reviews to ensure overall design is being implemented
- Evangelize the Architecture and Design to team members and customers
- Support and mentor individual developers.
- Provide input in the drive for constantly improving the scalability, extensibility, interoperability, reliability, availability, and performance
- Give technical presentations to development, product, support, services, and leadership teams.
- Develop training guidelines for cross training team members on new technologies.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Develop tools and utilities to maintain high system availability, monitor data quality, and provide statistics.
- Develop an understanding of healthcare & finance terminology and workflows.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of engineering work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in designing and implementing business solutions.
- 5+ years of experience using methodical approaches to drive alignment of solution design across different perspectives of architecture such as processes, data, application, security, and regulation.
- Experience designing architectures that can incorporate data from multiple data sources.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including Analysis Server (SSAS), Reporting Server (SSRS), and Integration Server (SSIS).
- Extensive experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines, Azure DevOps Server, and Wix Installation is desired.
- Ability to work well in an Agile team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Hands-on experience with the AWS public cloud is preferred.
- Previous experience with the EPSi product suite, or familiarity with healthcare or financial domains desired.
Here @ Strata…
Who we are:
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our culture is driven by our people solving problems together. We embrace learning, collaboration, and continuous career growth. Together, we lift our customers, our products, our company and our community.
We believe that each of our team member’s unique perspectives and experiences is what drives innovation and positive change. Our individual differences are what make us a more forward-thinking organization. We foster a culture of inclusion, equity and belonging, regardless of race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Here at Strata, we are guided by a set of principles called the StrataWay. These values keep us honest and ensure that we are always representing ourselves and our organization as best we can. They are at the core of who we are and how we support one another.
- Serve: We partner with our customers to provide quality solutions that will make their lives easier. We extend service to our community to drive purposeful change
- Rock: Our work makes a meaningful impact, no matter what role we play on the team. We are open and receptive to new ways of doing things, always innovating, and never becoming complacent.
- Grow: We are life-long learners and embrace change that will help us grow professionally and personally. We embrace a culture of feedback and acknowledge that progress is more important than perfection.
- StrataPro: We show up every day as the best version of ourselves. We treat others as we would want to be treated (and then some). We commit to getting better every day in everything that we do, upholding the highest level of integrity even in the face of challenges.
Strata Decision Technology provides an innovative set of software and service solutions to help healthcare providers better analyze, plan and perform in support of caring for their community and reducing the cost of care. Our customer base includes over 2,000 hospitals and over 400 healthcare delivery systems. Founded in 1996, our mission is to Help Heal Healthcare™. For more information, please go to www.stratadecision.com.