Who We Are:
KAR Global powers the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people. Our end-to-end platform serves the remarketing needs of the world’s largest OEMs, dealers, fleet operators, rental companies and financial institutions.
- We’re a technology company delivering next generation tools to accelerate and simplify remarketing.
- We’re an analytics company leveraging data to inform and empower our customers with clear, actionable insights.
- And we’re an auction company powering the world’s most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and physical auction marketplaces.
Why Work with Us?
Whether your Fun is in working with new technology, learning skills, collaborating with awesomely talented people or growing into a Specialist, Team Lead or People Manager, we want to feed this fire in you. If you have the work ethic, skill and motivation, we will help you find a path that leads you where your passion wants to go.
KAR Global is looking to expand our development team as we continue to innovate within the used car industry. The candidate should have a strong background in Java Web Service development and be comfortable using the Spring Framework. As an engineer on the development team the main responsibilities are design, implementation, and maintenance of RESTful web services in both Composite service and Microservice forms. The candidate should have good communication skills and be able to work closely with Product Owners to discuss feasibility of technical considerations as well as provide accurate estimates for project completion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Building and maintaining composite and micro services in Java/Spring/React
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members on designing and implementing new features.
- Drive technical discussions on software architecture and testing to ensure we do not compromise on quality and performance.
- Mentoring junior developers in best practices, providing guidance for implementation strategies
- Working closely with Product Owners to help gather and refine requirements for upcoming stories
- Continuously work on improving our core offerings as we uncover new business opportunities.
- Helping to implement proof of concepts for new technologies
- Implementing and maintaining unit test coverage for all project level services
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- A University degree or advanced diploma in a software engineering-related discipline, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional Java development experience with RESTful Web Services
- 3+ years of experience using relational databases for data persistence
- Experience using Spring framework
- Experience using Junit/Mockito for unit testing
- Experience working in Amazon AWS environments preferred
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting other team members by participating in code reviews and applying your experience in process and technical leadership.
- You have experience working in agile team environments, are a self-starter, good communicator and conscientious member of the team.