Senior Software Development Manager
CSG International's product development group develops CSG's leading edge applications. The group is made of highly motivated individuals that represent some of the best talent in the industry. The group follows an Agile methodology that emphasizes teamwork and close collaboration with business owners. It is committed to continuous improvement in how software is developed and maintained - it hires like-minded individuals that thrive in such an environment.
CSG product development group develops leading edge applications and is made of highly motivated individuals that represent some of the best talent in the industry. Following an Agile methodology that emphasizes teamwork and close collaboration with business owners, this team is committed to continuous improvement in how software is developed and maintained.
In this role, you will directly manage 20-30 employees and help them in their professional growth and will require a passion to
The right candidate will start with team level Scrum Master responsibilities which include
- Effectively leading one or two cross functional development teams through release planning and execution
- Facilitating planning exercises within the team and collaborating across teams, enabling innovation, guiding team execution and daily problem solving
- facilitate peer and annual review process, goal development and consistent work with the team to achieve their goals.
Expectations / Responsibilities
- Strong leadership skills (you'll be setting the tone for 20+ employees)
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of developers and QA members as they work on defining complex client implementations, addressing production problems or developing productivity enabling tools
- Review feature requests with key stakeholders and work with team to ensure successful feature delivery
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with clients
- Commitment to employee professional development
- A passion for people, performance improvement and team building
- A strong interest in technology and desire to expand the technical skillets of your reports
- Ability to understand large complex systems to enable effective problem analysis and leading a team in developing a solution
- Active involvement in cross-team meetings focused on release and solution planning
- A passion for technology and its use to solve complex business problems in a timely and robust manner.
- Work effectively with client support teams and implementation architects to resolve application issues
- A passion for problem solving
- A strong candidate may quickly take on additional responsibilities including more direct reporting relationships and release program management responsibility
- Proven track record of leading a team in an Agile/Lean environment
- 8-14 years in leadership experience
- Strong communication, organization and facilitation skills
- A Bachelor's level technical degree (engineering, computer science)
- Strong technical background preferably with experience in communications related industries
- Project and Program Management skills and experience preferred