Senior Software Engineer
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology, that help restaurants succeed in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 75,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
Grubhub is seeking an engineer to join a growing team, focused on expanding the ordering products offered on our platform. This role is perfect for an individual with a strong sense of ownership, who is looking to take their engineering and mentorship skills to the next level. You will collaborate with your peers, and drive innovation in our massively distributed order-taking environment. With the help of your team, you’ll develop products that will be used by thousands of diners daily.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver technical platforms and products.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Communicate effectively with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to solve problems for diners, restaurant, corporate accounts, and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
- Play a key role in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
You Should Have
- 6 + Years and expert understanding of Java
- An understanding of Cassandra and NoSQL Databases
- Experience working in a Microservices and High Availability environment
- Experience with AWS Services
- Understanding of unit testing and version control
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Willingness to understand larger business context
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, tech and product-oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections