Senior Software Engineer API at Nielsen Global Connect
We are looking for a Mid-Level Engineer to work on our Connect Platform, our unified, open, and global data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. You’ll join our CDM team of awesome engineers writing code to develop applications and APIs using Java, Spring Boot, CI/CD, Apache NiFi, Mongo, Postgres, and Snowflake, among others in our tech stack.
So what is CDM, you ask, and why is it so cool? Central Data Management is Nielsen’s knowledge repository of all Datasets we produce to enable our clients achieve their objectives with timely insights. CDM provides us with consistent standards, stability and automation required for speed to market and great client experience.
Interested in what your project will be? Read on!
Your day will be filled with complex projects, working with our co-located agile team to build Platform V3 for CDM, by moving towards cloud-native and low-latency technologies to thrill our customers. You’ll also get all the free coffee you can want, all day long. We need engineers who are strong in software engineering fundamentals, and passionate
about learning and prototyping using cutting edge technologies to come join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Write complex code to develop scalable, flexible and user-friendly applications
- Design/develop highly available, low-latency, cloud-native Java applications (Azure is a plus)
- Develop highly efficient data access RESTful APIs against data stored Relational and No-SQL database
- Leverage multiple first and third party data sources
- Develop secure and highly performant services and APIs to provide robust and scalable Application/platform.
- Evaluate technologies we can leverage, including open-source frameworks, libraries, and tools
- Ensure the maintainability and quality of code
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WITH:
- Solid hands on experience in Java Collections and micro services with Spring Boot
- Experience in CI/CD Jenkins
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- Good knowledge in designing and building multithreaded distributed systems in agile software development practices and DevOps
- Firm understanding on Data Modelling for Data Lake and business layers
- Good knowledge in Big Data Platform for Real time, Near real time, Offline Analytics use cases
It would be great if you also have experience with ETL Tools, Apache NiFi, Mongo, Postgres and Snowflake.