We connect anything to the internet—whether that’s with a Hologram SIM card and our cellular network or with our Nova modem and our cloud toolkit. We’re leading security and flexibility in IoT with our software-defined network. We’re backed by Drive Capital and Bullpen Capital, and we are continuing to grow and expand.
As engineers at Hologram, we work directly with designers and product managers to build the tools for tomorrow’s internet. We take pride in building things the right way, automating everything that is routine, and continuing to learn and grow as we work.
Hologram is looking for an experienced front-end engineer to build delightful user-facing software for the web, mobile, and desktop, and to bring domain knowledge about automated testing of web applications across browsers and platforms. Someone with an eye for detail and empathy for users, with the drive to learn new approaches to deliver great experiences, the judgment to know the next big thing from the fads, and the patience to teach the rest of the team.
What should excite you about Hologram
- A different kind of technical challenge. More than just another app, Hologram delivers internet to physical devices on the move all over the world.
- We’re committed to writing software the right way, using best practices to write high quality code and giving engineers the space and autonomy to do excellent work.
- Transparency all across the company, from how we pick the snacks we stock to salaries, the cap table, and how many dollars are in the bank.
- Hologram engineers work up and down the stack, and are actively encouraged to cross-train in new areas of computer science they haven’t worked with before.
- We collaborate across departments, working directly with designers and product managers to decide what to build and how it will work.
- Untracked time off that people actually take, and strong support for working remotely and from home.
What gets us excited about you
- Experience working in customer success, quality assurance, or software engineering in test roles.
- A history of deploying user-facing software to production, especially if it shows an empathetic understanding of the user and their needs.
- The ability to take broad goals and turn them into specific plans, working through corner cases and obstacles, and exercising judgment along the way.
- You want to understand how the business works and how your work contributes to its success.
- You know where and how you do your best work, and what you need to stay in the zone.
- A talent for moving fast, both in time to first release on a new feature, and on long-running systems code that’s easy to maintain.
- Eagerness to continue to learn and grow, at any stage of your career.
Life with Hologram
As a "Hologram", we know you’ll do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members. So we do our best to empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
Everyone at Hologram enjoys competitive, transparent pay and equity. We encourage solid work-life balance with unlimited PTO and 100% employee / 80% dependent covered health (medical, dental, vision, life, disability) benefits.
We’re a small but diverse team that prides ourselves on celebrating everyone — we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For accommodations during the hiring process please email [email protected]
Together we’re going to build something great — a way to help everyone stay online, from smart meters in corn fields to citywide bike sharing systems. We’d love for you to join us here at our HQ in Chicago. If you need to be partially or fully remote, let’s chat to see if it’d be a good fit.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.