Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack) - Product Catalog at Nordstrom
The team for this role is located in Seattle but candidates can work remote in the following cities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, and Atlanta.
Job Description Summary
Software Engineers at Nordstrom apply their skills and talent to build scalable and sustainable solutions, utilizing best engineering practices and the latest Cloud technologies in an agile, team-oriented and collaborative environment. They build and support amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business. As a senior engineer on the Product Catalog development team, you’ll work with a multifaceted group of engineers as peers or in partner teams who build and support this business-critical Product Catalog retail platform. We are looking for an innovative, self-starter to help deliver the next generation of product catalog tool at Nordstrom.
- Demonstrate competence of engineering concepts and computer science fundamentals, combining them with business understanding to design, document and implement clean and robust solutions to complex business problems.
- Drive work while demonstrating a bias for action and flexibility to evolving business needs.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, as well as program and product managers to define and implement technical solutions.
- Demonstrate an ability to turn business needs into functional requirements, while also explaining technical details in ways the business can understand. Participate in defining, scoping and estimating resulting stories.
- Work closely with your peers, mentor junior developers and help the team achieve its goals.
- Maintain a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while finding opportunities to continuously improve them.
- Participate in design and code reviews, ensuring the team ships high quality, scalable, maintainable and well-tested code.
- Maintain a dev-ops mindset, promoting Cloud-oriented solutions while implementing and supporting monitoring, alerting, CI/CD pipelines as well as the team’s Cloud infrastructure.
- BS or MS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of professional experience in delivering quality software, ideally across the full stack.
- Proficiency in an Object-Oriented language, such as Java, C++, C#, etc.
- Experience with system design, architecture, scaling, and performance testing. Experience designing full stack solutions.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, proficiency with AWS a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Good understanding of dev-ops best practices, CI/CD, alerting, monitoring, A/B testing, production support.
- Experience with agile software development, such as SCRUM or Kanban.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2020 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.