Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're excited to share that financial services startup, Affirm is setting up shop in Chicago's River North neighborhood! This office will provide us with a much needed midwest outpost for our Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Product teams. Join us on our mission to build honest and transparent financial products that improve lives.
We're looking for motivated software engineers who will build products that serve our customers and merchant partners. Our team must maintain utmost efficiency and deliver a seamless experience with every customer interaction and we need passionate engineers to help us do this.
Are you excited about Financial Technology and Software Engineering? Do you want to help build the next generation of Consumer Finance? Two of our engineering teams are hiring in Chicago and our interview process is designed to make sure we find the best mutual team fit. To get an idea of the different teams and what they’re working on, read below:
Consumer Team: Our consumer products enable customers to find new merchants, take out Affirm loans to buy from those merchants, and service their full loan lifecycle across both web and mobile platforms. We are looking for Software Engineers for our new Marketing Technology engineering team. This team will partner closely with our Marketing organization to create a seamless user messaging journey that thoughtfully surfaces our suite of Affirm products and the amazing merchants we partner with
Point of Purchase Team: Our products enable the exchange of value between consumers and merchants, both online and in physical stores. We're focused on rapidly growing and improving the core product, while also building new checkout products to expand Affirm into new categories. We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Merchant engineering team, dedicated to all things merchant facing. The team enables merchants to integrate with Affirm seamlessly, and provides them with the tools they need to expand their integration.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to technical projects from specification and planning to implementation with multiple engineers, testing and deployment into production
- Growing new products at Affirm by partnering with our Marketing team and our Merchant partners and building features within our core products and platforms
- Partnering with Analytics, Machine Learning, and Data Science teams to enable deeper customer personalization
- Build key integrations with third-party vendors to drive user growth and engagement
What We Look For
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Fluency in full stack development
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Prior experience with sales and marketing systems (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) are a plus
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.