Senior Software Engineer - Java at Rally Health
Join Rally Health as a Senior Software Engineer where you will code in Java and JVM-based programming languages and develop Web-application using Spring Boot and Play Framework. You will be part of a team that powers the identify and access for a suite of products. HealthSafe ID (HSID) eliminates the needs for portals to have their own ad hoc log in solutions, while allowing a user to use a single set of credentials to access their healthcare products. You will report to the Director of Engineering. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.You Will:
- Develop database models using SQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Communicate on software design with Core and Security teams leadership.
- Manage code changes using Git and GitHub.
- Perform code review using GitHub.Architect and develop identity and authorization solutions for both web and mobile applications.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing and production.
- Work with product managers to understand the features, do technical assessment and costing, design, code, test and deliver.
- Support live-site with production debugging and track down causes and fix them in systematic ways.
- Build scalable and secure systems.
- Write production quality code.
- 4+ years experience with Java or C# and interest in learning Scala.
- 1+ years of experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment.
- 2+ years of experience with production debugging and to track down causes and fix them in systematic ways.
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS).
- Knowledge of computing concepts including API design, creating, fault tolerance, available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry is a bonus
- Experience with authorization frameworks like oAuth 2.0, SAML or OpenID Connect is a bonus
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Remote opportunities available. Please note that hiring for this position will only be considered in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, or WA
- *The expected salary range for this position in CO will be: $110,000-$150,000
Rally Health® is about putting health in the hands of the individual by empowering people to take charge of their health and health care with our online and mobile tools. We know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective, and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us and create a sense of belonging.
Since 2017, Rally has been a non-integrated entity of Optum, a part of UnitedHealth Group. In the next stage of our evolution, Rally will migrate into a new organization within Optum known as Optum Digital. With these changes, set to be complete by the end of September 2021, we will bring together teams and resources to better bring our digital products and services to consumers.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
- Employees in this position may also earn performance-based bonuses
If you don't think you meet all of the job criteria and are still interested in the job, please apply! Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team.
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.