Senior Software Engineer - MongoDB (Remote) at Fetch Rewards
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About the Role:
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Senior Software Engineer (MongoDB). You will build, deploy, manage, and monitor highly performant MongoDB implementations. This is a key leadership position, responsible for writing software and guiding technical direction. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design/develop appropriate solutions with little to no assistance. This role will also have an opportunity to contribute to the reliability of Fetch’s highly available micro-service environment beyond just database engineering activities.In Your Tool-Bag
- Managing MongoDB instances that store multiple terabytes of data.
- Scaling MongoDB using replica sets and sharding.
- Optimizing performance via schema design, query tuning, and index creation.
- Monitoring, backup, and automation using MongoDB Cloud Manager.
- Diagnosing complex technical issues with databases, storage, and networks in a production environment.
- Building software applications to automate repeatable tasks (i.e., Python, Go, Java).
- Deploying and administering Linux based systems on cloud platforms (i.e., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Modern cloud architecture (virtualization, networking, databases, message queueing).
- Building highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure.
- Continuous build and deployment tools and practices.
- Modern monitoring and telemetry methodologies.
- Providing technical/strategic direction to team members.
- Explaining both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs.
- Communicating technical issues to non-technical team members.
- MongoDB Atlas experience.
- AWS experience.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study.