ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
The Senior Platform Engineer is an engineering role to define and deliver our SaaS platform's future state. This person will play a critical role in advocating, designing, and implementing technology solutions to scale our platform to support our rapidly growing customer base. This position plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's goal to be the highly evolutionary architecture that helps build scalable and resilient services.
What your day could consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign infrastructure platform
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS, use technologies like Kubernetes, Istio, and Emissary Ingress API Gateway
- Build automation tools for our engineering teams that abstracts our underlying cloud infrastructure and enables rapid deployment of software systems
- Identify opportunities to improve ActiveCampaign’s infrastructure platform reliability and performance and come up with technical proposals and implementation plans
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams like Security, SRE, DataOps and Product Engineering teams
- Build CI/CD pipelines to automate common company-wide build/deployment standards and initiatives
- Produce quality, tested code, and advocate for coding standards and best practices
- Provide architecture planning advice to product teams with projects in planning phases
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
What is needed:
- 6+ years experience building software in typed languages: Java, Go, Typescript, etc. Go experience is a plus
- Good knowledge in distributed system designs and microservices-based architectures
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into high-level designs and act as a subject matter expert in software design, architecture, implementation
- Strong understanding of AWS, Kubernetes and Istio
- Worked with CI/CD tools with an emphasis on building quality code and speed to market
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.