Senior Software Engineer in Test - Remote at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
We are looking for technical team members at all levels who want to push themselves to deliver best in market SaaS solutions. We offer a challenging environment where you will have to grow, adapt and use your skills consistently. Our customers rely on us in the moments that matter. Engineering delivers on that promise.
You can read the bullets below. But they almost always look the same, right? Here is the deal – being a software engineer here at DFIN means helping us deliver SaaS software solutions for our customers that primarily work with the SEC or other global regulating bodies. This is a hands-on Software Developer in Test position that will be responsible for the testing and quality of multi-tiered applications. The candidate for this position will work in a demanding environment alongside development, Project Management and Business partners, they will be responsible for design, development and execution of test automation scripts for enterprise class applications. The role will also include root cause analysis of defects finding, verification and review of requirements and use-cases. The role promotes QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
- Integrate as part of a growing automation Guild.
- Refactor existing scripts to meet our framework standards.
- Design and execute automated test cases to support our Global Applications based on functional requirements using software engineering and Quality best practices.
- Ensure products meet or exceed the specified standards, acceptance criteria and end-user requirements.
- Actively participate and contribute to defining test scope, coverage, and overall strategy for projects.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies such as Standup, Backlog grooming and proving LOE.
- Perform Positive/Negative/Integration/Regression/Automation/Browser Compatibility Tests with great focus on reporting.
The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of working knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language such as Java and ruby. (in that desired order).
- Working knowledge in open-source automation frameworks with a strong focus on BDD, Page Object Model.
- Proficiency in setting and integrating open-source automation frameworks such as Selenium.
- Must have: Knowledge of continuous integration tools, such as Azure DevOps, source code version control system such as GitHub
- Experience Test management tools such as Azure DevOps and Atlassian suite
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge in Docker, API’s and web services is a plus.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected] #BI-Remote