Senior Software Engineer - Web at Lightstream
!Sorry, this job was removed at 9:14 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. At the core of the Studio experience is our patented cloud compositing pipeline. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We’ve also partnered with Arsenal.gg to offer streamers analytics to grow their audiences. We even license our technology to major game studios.
What’s next? We’re growing. We’re steadily increasing market share of our patented core products. We’re also bringing together a beautifully integrated and powerful suite of tools for streamers.
As our newest teammate, you will work closely with other engineers, designers and product managers to bring a new product to market. You’ll participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle, from specification to production. You’ll also help us keep refining how we work to build a high performance engineering team that is a major growth engine of our company.
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years experience with modern web development technologies and practices. Node.js and React area big plus but not essential.
- Experience architecting and managing relationships/schemas in SQL and NoSQL databases (such as Postgres and MongoDB).
- Experience and point-of-view on building useful automated testing suites
- Experience working with others to maintain a modern developer productivity environment -- CI/CD, containers, logging, error aggregation, etc.
- A ‘good vibes’ teammate -- someone other people really want to work with.
We get really excited about people with...
- Proficient at creating, documenting, governing and versioning a public API at scale.
- Industry experience securing production web applications
- Familiarity or experience with digital audio/video concepts and technologies such as formats, codecs, containers, and transport methods.
- Experience and enthusiasm for architecting and maintaining data pipelines and analytics datastores
- Experience and enthusiasm for improving operational performance and efficiency of complex systems, particularly with the use of data.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working within high-availability, high-volume web service environments
- Familiarity with the Electron framework
- Proven track record of learning new languages, tools or approaches. Maybe you’ve picked up something like Elixir, Rust or Go. Maybe you’re interested in functional programming.
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. As we grow, we’re building a team with deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, MLG, HumbleBundle and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), video (OBS) and web scale technology (GoDaddy, AWS, Rackspace). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.
Read Full Job Description