At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
Learn more about our recent Series D Funding that happened in May! https://techcrunch.com/2021/05/17/amount-raises-99m-at-a-1b-valuation-to-help-banks-better-compete-with-fintechs/.
Amount, a leading technology provider for financial institutions, is growing and we are looking for ambitious and self-driven Software Engineers to join our team. You will be responsible for implementing partners on our platform and developing custom solutions that power the processing of financial services transactions.
Our teams are cross-functional, and own delivery from end-to-end. The ideal candidate is a generalist - comfortable working across both front-end and backend, and even sometimes data and DevOps disciplines. If you are a “T-shaped”, specialized generalist that can anchor a particular discipline within a team, but you are also comfortable operating outside of a single expertise, you will be a great fit with the engineering culture at Amount.
Similar job titles: Senior Software Engineer, Principal Software Engineer, Senior Software Developer, Principal Software Developer
- Work with Senior technical leads and managers to contribute to high-level and low-level technical designs.
- Work on a team of junior and mid-level software engineers and product owners.
- Serve as a Technical Lead contributing to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Write high quality code by following industry best practices.
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Leverage automation across testing, integration, and deployment activities.
- Work collaboratively with product owners to break down features into workable user stories.
- Mentor and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Conduct root cause analysis on defects; Conduct impact assessment on fixes to ensure the resolutions are happening in the right way.
- Collaborate with technical leads from other squads to ensure the end-to-end workflows are developed according to requirements.
- Optimize overall design, identify risks and implications upfront.
- Collaborate closely with team members to manage conflict constructively to build trust, commitment, accountability.
- Implement creative solutions to technical challenges and embrace out-of-the-box thinking.
How we are as a team:
- We have a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting virtual Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending virtual conferences.
- We foster a collaborative environment and practice active inclusion.
- We’re pragmatic programmers and are a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Amount.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience.
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong experience with agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), utilizing technologies such as GIT.
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- You’re a pragmatic generalist programmer.
- You are excited about refactoring and system designYou’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving our customers’ experiences.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
Enjoy each other's company over happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!