Senior Software Engineer
Job opening: Senior Software Engineer
What we do
Strike Social harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to drive the best outcomes in YouTube and social media advertising. Through media-buying software and service, Strike Social manages 15,000+ campaigns each day for the world’s leading agencies and brands, including Beats, Xbox, Honda, Mattel, Lionsgate and Trunk Club. With a workforce presence in 16 major markets — including headquarters in Chicago and offices in Kraków and Manila — Strike Social was recently named the No. 17 fastest-growing private company in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine. Learn more at strikesocial.com.
How do we do it
We are a growing team of independent thinkers who bring their diverse talents and backgrounds to help build a programmatic media-buying platform. We work in an agile environment, and frequently pair program to improve collaboration and software quality. We are polyglots and you’ll see us use languages and frameworks like Python, Typescript, Angular2, Flask, and Pandas. Our infrastructure relies on Nomad, Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nginx, Redis, Postgres, Redshift, and Auth0.
You are a passionate engineer who loves solving the world’s problems with technology. You’ve got solid coding chops, and have demonstrated an ability to identify and learn new tools, languages and technologies. Your welcome constructive feedback and use it as a way to improve your own skills and methods. You are a mentor and understand the value in helping and developing others. You are pragmatic and know how to strike a balance between building long-term value in software, and meeting business goals in a timely fashion.
- Minimum 7 years experience, with a desire to mentor other engineers with the ability to provide detailed feedback in design and code reviews.
- You understand what data pipelines are and the challenges in building them.
- You understand micro-service architecture, and know how to scale software systems.
- You have experience with web development frameworks and can decide which ones to use and when.
- You are familiar with various data stores - relational, and columnar.
- You value test-driven development.
- Communicate effectively with fellow engineers, various directors and co-founders on ideas
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend/prototype appropriate solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.