Senior Software Engineer at Yello
About The Role
You'll have the opportunity to work with a team of highly skilled developers to build enterprise SaaS applications using Ruby on Rails and other modern web technologies. You'll help your team focus on continuous improvement, code quality, good security, and software craftsmanship. You'll also share your passion for web development with junior engineers by coaching and mentoring them in their technical development. As the lines between development and operations become more blurred you’ll collaborate closely with our Infrastructure and Security teams to build code that is resilient, secure, maintainable, and performant.
How You'll Make An Impact
You will play a pivotal role on a small agile team of talented engineers focused on building cloud-based, cutting-edge solutions for our client-partners.
What We're Looking For
- Minimum: 5 years of professional development experience using Ruby, Java, or other OO language.
Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree (or equivalent experience).
Relational database design as well as proficiency in SQL (preferably PostgreSQL).
Your drive for action and experience solving problems in a fast paced environment.
Experience working through and on performance issues, tuning, scaling and security when working on the web.
RSpec or relevant testing framework.
Use Agile methodologies to maximize developer productivity.
Full Stack Development (RESTful API development would be considered a big plus).
Experience using non-relational data stores (Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, etc).
A desire to share knowledge and help others on your team grow.
Ability to troubleshoot Linux OS related issues using common command line tools.
Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
Experience designing and deploying SOA or microservices architectures.
- Experience leading technical initiatives.
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time.