Senior Software Engineer
Our Senior Software Engineers lead large technical projects, help set the direction for our trading infrastructure, and serve as role models within the organization. Our software engineering teams leverage technology to solve a variety of difficult problems. Our trading strategies must respond to market events in microseconds or less, and we automatically price large, diverse sets of financial instruments with extremely low error tolerance. We continually refine, store, and analyze terabytes of data produced by market activity and our trading systems. Our user interfaces must present coherent, responsive real-time visualizations of market activity and system performance while providing intuitive control of a highly complex system. Our core systems must provide a stable, performant, and trusted foundation on which our systems are built.
Technology at Optiver:
At Optiver we pride ourselves on being real engineers, not just coders. Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you’ll do:
• Establish vision and technical direction for major initiatives.
• Design, develop, support, and maintain large portions of our trading infrastructure.
• Ensure new and existing programs adhere to our coding, architectural, and operational standards.
• Develop a deep understanding of trading and exchanges.
• Collaborate deeply with traders, engineers, and researchers.
What you'll need:
• Strong engineering instincts and a deep understanding of computer science fundamentals
• Innovative, big-picture thinking grounded in real-world pragmatism
• Desire to continuously improve in a rapidly evolving environment
• Readiness to set technical direction, promote engineering principles, and do the right thing
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.