Senior Software Engineer
What We Do:
Heretik is a machine learning solution that removes risks, meets obligations, and realizes opportunities within legal contracts. From inception, we’ve prioritized cutting-edge ML technology along with workflow capabilities to allow users to take immediate action on their contract data. Whether managing massive M&A transactions, comparing messy employment agreements, or extracting critical data in bespoke contracts, our solution reduces days or weeks of work to minutes.
We founded Heretik with the simple vision of building solutions that empower professionals to thrive at their trade. If you love to build, to create, to collaborate with a high-performance team that’s passionate about transforming the way enterprises interact with data – you’ll love it here.
What You Will Contribute:
Software engineers at Heretik build the tools and user experiences critical to the success of the company. We succeed in continuously delivering high quality features to our clients because of a tight and collaborative development process between our engineers, product managers, designers and stakeholders.
As a highly-driven senior software engineer, you will have considerable influence over the structure and direction of Heretik’s architecture. You will be working as a full-stack developer using cutting edge technologies and will be provided the runway to grow your skills technically and professionally. You will be expected to wear many hats and volunteer to tackle problems not necessarily in your wheelhouse.
You have experience providing team leadership in an Agile environment with a proven track record of successful product releases. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. You cherish experimentation and exploration with innovative technologies, while at the same time keeping your mind on the task currently at hand.
- Expert level with C#
- Advanced experience with ASP.NET (MVC/Web API)
- Advanced experience with relational database languages
- Experience building/consuming REST web services
- Experience in Agile methodologies, documentation and testing
- Strong problem-solving skills, and strong teamwork skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver technical solutions
- BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering, or similar field of study, or equivalent work experience
- Experience using client-side frameworks (AngularJS, React, etc)
- Working knowledge of NOSQL datastores
- Experience architecting production applications for the cloud
- Familiar with, or desire to learn machine learning technologies and languages (R, python)
- Passion for continued learning and experimentation
- Experience with continuous integration tools (VSTS, Jenkins, TeamCity)
Key Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, intense startup environment
- Ability and willingness to mentor other developers as our engineering team grows
- Ability to communicate effectively to executives and team members
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Driven, passion for learning, creating things and for technology in general
- Comfortable with shifting priorities to meet the needs of the company
- High degree of personal and professional integrity