Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Be an Innovative Agent of Change
Are you an Engineer comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment?
At FTD (NASDAQ: FTD) we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial position will take a leading role in building applications within our multi-brand $1B+ e-commerce company. We're actively searching for top-level engineers to join newly created teams at FTD who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- Participate with a cross-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and/or work independently as needed.
- Champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing to our growing ecosystem of cutting-edge SOA based applications.
- Work within an agile group and be empowered to add your personalized stamp on the team and the solutions we deliver.
- Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems--seek the biggest bangs!
- Interface with team members across software teams to promote software best-practices, technical guidance when requested an overall positive change.
- Mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets.
- Actively work with the team and managers in continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day, etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and three continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
- You are a rock star engineer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to write code, is excited about building things and is passionate about robust software design.
- You have a minimum of 6 years of software development experience working on complex projects.
- Possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- You are proficient in Java on the Spring framework, as well as RESTful/Reactive Microservices.
- You are experienced with using Git and Team Foundation Server or other comparable source control/SDLC tools for a large environment.
- You are proficient in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice.
- Microservice architecture and practices
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem-solving techniques, and object-oriented software design skills
- You are proactive, motivated and able to work in teams.
- You are excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time and prioritizing those items so that your time is used efficiently.
- You have experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- You are proficient with software design patterns.
- Experience working with business in defining solutions in an agile environment.
- You have excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- You take pride in producing high-quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
You have experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Experience with various e-commerce systems such as PIM, OMS, and/or FMS
Come to join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic e-commerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.