Senior Software Engineer at Relativity (Chicago, IL)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:27 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, December 10, 2019
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
We're seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer to design, plan, implement, automate, and support the infrastructure, systems, and services needed to provide tools to enable engineer’s software development experience utilizing local virtual machines and public cloud offerings, using Azure technology.
We are looking for a person with the ability to contribute to the design, configuration, testing, implementation, standardization governance, documentation, and ongoing maintenance, monitoring and refinement of our build tools and related images via Azure cloud host. You will use your C#.NET, Powershell, and Microsoft Azure experience and knowledge to perform hands on work with Engineering team members.
- Develop tools and integration for SDLC
- Design and implement private cloud virtualization architectures utilizing virtual infrastructure platform (team-dependent)
- Design and implement hybrid private/public cloud architectures
- Understand developer workstation hardware to manage and support test environment
- Troubleshoot virtualized infrastructure platform and virtualized environments (team dependent)
- Monitor and optimize virtualized environment
- Infrastructure as Code
- Design, maintain, and support backup strategies for virtualization
- Secure a virtualized environment to comply with organizational cyber security requirements
- Utilize cloud-based storage options to solve organizational challenges
- As a DevOps Software Engineers, prescribe technical strategy, define standards, prioritize, develop tools, and automate governance to enable engineers’ software development experience.
- Experienced C#.NET and SQL development
- Experienced development with virtualized test environments (Hyper-V, Azure)
- Experienced Powershell development
- Object Oriented Programming and Test Driven Development
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience with Docker and Jenkins, a plus
- Document systems, processes, and procedures
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree, or work equivalent experience
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills
- 5+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, PS1, Python, bash, etc)
- Experience with infrastructure configuration languages (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with continuous delivery, automation scripting, and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and cloud environments such as AWS and/or Azure
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous delivery
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We seek professionals that will bring their authentic and unique experiences to our teams.
We understand career choices are a big decision, and we thank you for considering Relativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Read Full Job Description