Senior Software Engineer at EMX Digital
EMX, is a new programmatic marketplace which offers more powerful media solutions across supply, demand and data to publishers, advertisers, ad tech providers and agencies, including increased efficiencies, heightened transparency and an overall lift in ROI.
EMX combines the services of an automated global marketplace specializing in direct-to-consumer access through technologies like header bidding, with a leading deterministic data and decisioning platform for advertisers and brands. As an integrated business, EMX gives clients access to a unified supply chain providing access to more audiences on all screens, including TV, OOH, mobile and desktop.
Anchored within Engine, EMX is part of an international advertising powerhouse that affords us the ability to be a part of end-to-end marketing solutions for many of the world’s most recognizable brands.
EMX Digital is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to design, develop, and deliver our products and services as we operate in a world where 2 extra milliseconds of latency can make or break. If you have experience in the ad tech world, have a passion for bringing new concepts to life, and love using the latest open-source technologies, then join us.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment; those who love wearing many hats, are able to change direction quickly and show a passion for learning new technologies will thrive at EMX. The ideal candidate will be able to work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers and can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver cutting edge, clean code.
Own product initiatives from ideation to deployment
Enable our end users, both internal and external, to understand complex datasets in an intuitive way, so that they can make intelligent decisions for their advertising goals
Partner with product managers to develop requirements with supporting UI visualizations, and iterate on proposed designs with stakeholders
Work with product and customer-facing teams to ensure products exceed customer expectations
- Stay current with the latest development practices and apply your findings with the team
- 7+ years' software development experience
- 4+ years' experience with modern frameworks like React, Angular, etc.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- A solid track record of delivering complex software, especially with a focus on scalable data pipelines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with engineers and product owners
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly shifting business and technical landscape
- Experience in a web and mobile software development environment and understanding information architecture and user-centered design methodologies
- Prior domain knowledge in tech/Martech is a plus
- AWS or other cloud experience is a plus
- Java for backend data pipelines
- MySQL, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS (ECS, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDB, Athena)
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) employer contributions
- Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Entertainment and travel discounts
- Family-friendly benefits
- Collaborative environment
- Shiny new MacBook Air or Pro
- Surround yourself with some of the smartest people in the industry