We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The U.S. Department of Justice, 198 of top 200 U.S. law firms, and more than 70 Fortune 100 companies are among our customers who trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole self to our team atmosphere.
Join us in the transformation of the legal industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the practice of law and beyond.
The Senior Software Engineer develops software and leads a team to apply software engineering best practices to deliver high quality, maintainable, reusable, reliable, performance, and scalable software.
You will serve as a technical liaison between your team and other internal and external development teams to identify and resolve dependencies, to identify, improve, and apply software engineering best practices and processes, and to identify and mitigate risks to the on-time delivery of software.
The File Asset Storage Team (FAST) Team:
The FAST team manages the internal storage servers upon which all of Relativity relies. We develop and maintain the infrastructure and the control plane that facilitates the provisioning and consumption of file storage space within Relativity. Our key challenge: how do we simplify and optimize the management of petabyte-scale cloud storage to the delight of our customers and developers?
Our team is looking to build out the next generation of infrastructure. Join us as we work to leverage cloud-native technologies to respond to the scale of Relativity’s increasing growth as well as to idiosyncratic nature of massive-scale storage. To achieve this, our team is using a diverse set of technologies, including Linux, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Powershell, C#/.NET, and SQL.
- Act a senior engineer on our agile software development team, managing their scrum boards and projects while onboarding and mentoring new team members
- Lead software design using container-based and cloud-native patterns in response to requirements such as high availability, audit ability, guarantees, and fault tolerance
- Define, analyze, and estimate non-functional software requirements
- Provide input into system software architecture development by working with Staff, Advisory and Principal Engineers
- Lead the implementation of software using the practical application of algorithms, defensive programming, test-driven development, trunk-based development, continuous integration, and continuous deployments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or relevant industry experience
- At least five years of experience in software development
- At least three years of experience running Linux in a production environment
- Experience as a technical leader role in an agile software team (Kanban, Scrum, or XP), including mentoring and project leadership
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in a cloud platform (Azure, AWS, GCE)
- Experience working with C#, Powershell is a plus
- Experience working in highly automated test environments is a plus
- Experience in container-based development on Kubernetes is a major plus
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We seek professionals that will bring their authentic and unique experiences to our teams.
We understand career choices are a big decision, and we thank you for considering Relativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.