Senior Software Engineer at EMX Digital
EMX is a leading marketing technology company, leveraging a patented, end-to-end tech stack purpose-built to meet the demands of today’s digital marketplace. The company creates both open and closed-loop solutions designed to unify advertisers, platforms and publishers across digital media channels — including Advanced TV, Video, Display, Search & Social.
While recognized as an independent solutions provider for the digital media landscape, EMX also serves as the technology and programmatic division for its parent, ENGINE — a global data-driven marketing company serving advertising’s most recognized brands.
EMX Digital is looking for a Software Engineer to help build out and scale up the demand side capabilities of our programmatic marketplace.
As an engineer, you will be at the forefront of developing features that will allow advertisers to better understand how their advertising budgets are being spent, with a focus on -- Understanding who our advertisers’ target audiences are (or should be), providing access to high quality and brand-safe inventory and giving access to self-serve tools to allow our advertisers to better control their advertising spend.
We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment; those who love wearing many hats, are able to change direction quickly and show a passion for learning new technologies will thrive at EMX. The ideal candidate will be able to work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers and can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver cutting edge, clean code.
- Drive product initiatives from initial architecture design to deployment and monitoring
- Write clean, readable, and testable code that follows consistent coding standards
- Ensure that solutions are reliable and scalable
- Stay current with the latest development practices and apply your findings with the team
- BS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years' professional experience writing code
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly shifting business and technical landscape
- AWS or other cloud experience is a plus
Java, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis for backend data pipelines
AWS (Redshift, ECS, Lambda, Athena)
Docker, Kubernetes for containerization and orchestration