Senior Staff Performance Engineer / Machine Learning (Performance TaskForce) - ATG at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
The Advanced Technology Group (ATG) at ServiceNow is a customer-focused innovation group building intelligent software and smart user experiences using existing and latest advanced technologies to enable end-to-end, industry-leading work experiences for customers. We are a group of researchers, applied scientists, engineers, and product managers with a dual mission. We build and evolve the AI platform, and partner with teams to build products and end-to-end AI-powered work experiences. In equal measure, we lay the foundations, research, experiment, and de-risk AI technologies that unlock new work experiences in the future.
You will play a major part in building AI and Machine Learning (ML) solutions that transform the user experience and workflow efficiency of enterprise services. Traditional analytical tools tend to require a technically knowledgeable user to produce even simple results. We are taking a completely fresh approach with the expectation that any user, regardless of technical knowledge, can use the AI/ML solutions we develop to operate the services in the enterprise setting in a thoughtful and scalable manner. We are just getting started with our early-adopter customers and we need your help in building and making available an amazing range of solutions to our 5k+ enterprise customers around the world.
As part of the Performance Task Force, you will apply deep skills in performance measurement and optimization and insight into the behavior of Machine Learning models to ensure that our 24x7 operations are top notch. Individual teams building models do extensive testing, but the Performance Task Force will bring specialized skills, tools, and insight to areas of greatest impact and ensure that a holistic end-to-end view of how users experience our products is taken into account.
- Build the best cloud-based AI/ML solutions to power intelligent enterprise services
- Collaborate daily with a team of like-minded developers, product managers and quality engineers to produce quality software
- Work with product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, testing and delivery of high-quality solutions to our users
To be successful in this role you have:
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years' experience; or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience running performance tools for Java like Jmeter, Java Mission Controller, Blazemeter
- Experience with performance tools for Python like TensorBoard Profiler (likely associated with ML work)
- Experience with building large, highly available distributed systems on Linux, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working on systems level or database code, alternative hardware architectures
- Expertise in Java or Python, OOP, Design Patterns, time and space-efficient algorithms
- Experience building new products that leverage challenging high-performance algorithms
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, ONNX and similar frameworks
- Expertise in coding efficient, object-oriented, modularized and quality software
- Knowledge of core AI/ML techniques and algorithms
- Knowledge of unit testing, profiling, and code tuning
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.