Senior Systems Engineer at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, successful execution, and ongoing support of complex server and application deployment projects. You will be working with other global team members to provide world-class infrastructure for our global business. A strong candidate for this position excels with identifying complex system-level issues and develops well thought-out solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Take ownership of server infrastructure and propose changes to optimize stability or performance
- Participate as a member of the Global Infrastructure team, tasked with defining and implementing cutting-edge technology solutions across the firm
- Develop automated processes for reiterative tasks to increase efficiency and productivity
- Lead, mentor and support junior team members and colleagues
- Liaise with members of Security team to on patch management and vulnerability mitigation exercises
- Tune Monitoring and Logging platforms to increase efficacy
- Participate in BCP testing exercises and recommend changes to increase efficiency
- System-level tuning of Linux and Windows operating systems for optimal performance
- Develop standards for the deployment and ongoing support of all global systems
- Evaluate and recommend tools to increase team productivity
- Experience working in a Hybrid and/or multi-cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware, Kubernetes, Openstack, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems running IIS, Apache, NGINX, Docker, etc.
- Proven experience tuning systems for low-latency environments
- Extensive experience troubleshooting highly involved system issues using application and system logs as well as system tools (netstat, tcpdump, wireshark, ps, etc.)
- Ability to automate repeatable tasks using scripting languages such as Python, bash, batch, or automation platforms Ansible, Salt stack, Terraform
- Working knowledge of cloud service like Office 365, Azure AD, Splunk Cloud, Auth0, etc.
- Passion for delivering outside of the box solutions to complex problems
- Experience managing NetApp, Nimble, Pure or similar storage arrays
- Ability to write devops pipelines using Jenkins, CircleCI, JFrog, etc.
- Previous experience managing Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
Our Benefit Offerings:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage available
- Employer-Paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Transit deduction options
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- 401k and Roth 401k (retirement planning) options available and competitive company match
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- Fresh beverages and snacks in office