GoHealth is seeking a talented Senior Systems Engineer who will be responsible for the configuration and support of our corporate server infrastructure and internal tooling. In this role, you will serve as a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, providing maintenance and top-notch contributions to our existing code-base. This position will require a strong knowledge of all things PowerShell (or similar) in an Agile environment. Automation, CI/CD pipelines, planning for future expansion of our infrastructure, and expressing your inner creativity and problem solving skills will all be a part of your integral role!Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. GoHealth encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, configuration, and support of various internal services, CI/CD pipeline implements, and tools
- Configure and utilize host/service monitors to respond to alerts and ensure that SLAs are being met
- Provide capacity planning and recommendations on new equipment/services for continued scalability
- Actively monitor the issue tracking system and address cross-functional technical issues
- Juggle multiple tasks and have an intuitive sense for how to prioritize them
- Take an Agile approach towards application development and release cycles
- Work with other Engineers on Infrastructure-as-Code initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field.
- Strong working knowledge of writing and modifying PowerShell (or similar) scripts for automated routine tasks, and internal tooling.
- Intimate knowledge of Windows Server services (Server Core and Full-GUI) and Linux platforms
- Experience with a distributed VCS (Git preferred) and at least one CI/CD tool (Jenkins preferred)
- Working knowledge of at least one cloud provider (i.e. Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Familiarity with building and maintaining virtual machines
- Experience with Terraform is a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to document as necessary
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Professional growth opportunities
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Employee Resource Groups
- Work from Home Stipend
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.