We are seeking an SVP of Enterprise Technology to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. This platform provides the foundation for our digital front door through which we’re creating a more accessible, personalized patient experience which includes telehealth, connected devices, and remote patient monitoring capabilities among many others.
Our technology solutions are 100% cloud-native and designed with elasticity, automation, and with API-first principles. Security is at the core of our operating mentality and is native to our investment thesis when procuring technology and deploying solutions.
Could Village MD’s next SVP of Enterprise Technology be you?
As the SVP of Enterprise Technology, you will be an executive leader within the Technology organization at VillageMD. You will be accountable for the strategy, program development, and overall performance of Enterprise Technology providing business value and creating operational efficiencies for the fastest growing leader of primary care in the US.
You will be stepping into an established environment and embody the duality of both our patient first culture and pragmatic yet agile delivery mentality as we embark to change healthcare for the better, every day.
As a hands-on practitioner, you will scale a strong team of Enterprise Technology leaders across the country to enable physical, cloud-based, and workplace technology assets. You’ll regularly interface with senior leaders across the company as well as those in engineering, product development, analytics and security to ensure our patient-first approach is seen, felt and proven in all that we do, all the while accelerating value creation.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- As an Enterprise Technology executive leader, own the overall vision and execution of VillageMD’s and Village Medical’s Build and Run functions across the country.
- Collaborate with VillageMD leaders around the country to listen, educate, and collaborate on solution strategy that drives business growth while maximizing current technology investment
- Have a relentless focus and solid strategy for scaling Enterprise Technology function and consistently deliver against an aggressive growth plan
- Continue to enable the organization’s greatest asset, our employees, to be the fabric that enables process adherence, promotes growth, and ultimately drives patient outcomes
- Use OKR’s annually and quarterly to collaborate with colleagues, to plan and execute a next-level, integrated operations agenda
- Enable innovation and ‘best thinking’ through industry partnerships with professional contacts, organizations, and trusted advisors to enhance service and capability delivery
- Plan, propose and manage the requisite budget for enterprise technology initiative implementations and management
- Curate the technical operations innovation methodology and overall effort and its role in experimenting with new solutions to drive growth and increase customer happiness
- Coach, support and guide the team such that each tech villager understands how their work directly ties to care delivery and patient experience
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of technologists who are skilled at coordinating Design, Build and Run efforts across the Enterprise Technology landscape
- Own the ROI analysis, investment thesis, annual planning and ongoing budget management to maximize value creation for VillageMD through best-in-class Enterprise Technology
- Partner with procurement and product and engineering to review tech needs, identify must-haves, and negotiate and execute contracts
- Develop and scale a national, 24/7 operations strategy by collaborating with key technology and customer stakeholders ensuring alignment with Technology Implementation, Enterprise Architecture, Technology Partnership, Technology Security and Technology Operations teams.
- Ensure our last-mile capability to deploy and support hardware and software scales regardless of US geography and can ‘auto-scale’ moderate fluctuations on-demand
- From onboarding through ongoing support, ensure all clinical and non-clinical employees have an amazing technology experience, 24/7
- Through leveraging the elasticity of the cloud and close collaboration with platform engineering, ensure frameworks and standards are executed to develop, deploy and support software that allows the entire org to go faster in solution deployment
- Closely partner with our CISO to ensure security-first design principles and execution rigor remains at the foundation of Enterprise Technology as we scale
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD SVP of Enterprise Technology, you will bring:
- A modern technology view with experience to scaling global Enterprise Technology functions & services including tech financial planning, enterprise architecture, service delivery, site implementations and cloud infrastructure.
- Extensive technology portfolio management experience that enables decision-making across business units and geographies without ‘over-centralization’ or unneeded bureaucracy
- Advanced experience in managing technology financial planning, investment budgeting and ongoing management of financials from a “CEO’s perspective” versus “as a cost center”
- Be able to “10x” team members through the balance of vision-setting, coaching, and ongoing performance management
Experience to drive scale and customer experience
- 15+ years of senior and executive leadership experience in information technology in a rapid growth environment that has included mergers, acquisitions, and organic growth
- Demonstrable success in owning a global Enterprise Technology program in a modern, geographically dispersed, cloud-first environment
- Extraordinary collaboration skills to leverage a multi-disciplinary clinical and non-clinical workforce to drive technical value for patients, physicians, and employees
- A strategic thinker, enabler of people, and proven operator that gets stuff done in a way that customers and employees feel great about
- Executive and board-level communication skills that removes Information Technology nomenclature from the conversation and focuses on value creation and business outcomes
- Brings the right balance of agility and process discipline to the planning and execution phases of work by leveraging strategic frameworks for decision-making
- Constantly rationalizes value-creation and driving cost efficiency that is directly tied to both business strategy and tech execution
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.