Senior/Lead .NET Developer
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 350 employees across 8 U.S. offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2016
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
This is a role within our Managed Services team, whose goal is to keep client environments running smoothly. This means that the people in this group need to thrive on being in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly, be very good at problem-solving, and have outstanding client-management skills. You will be supporting custom applications/solutions that have been previously delivered to Rightpoint’s clients, helping them further extend and/or maintain functionality to accommodate their ever-changing business requirements and processes. In this role, you will be switching context frequently as you will be working on multiple projects at different stages of the project lifecycle simultaneously. It is important that the applicant have a strong background in developing and supporting scalable, maintainable, high-quality, and high performing web applications using the Microsoft technology stack.
- Develop and maintain features in .NET custom applications and .NET components of Sitecore or SharePoint solutions based on feature specifications and technical designs
- Contribute to creating feature specifications and technical design schematics
- Troubleshoot, support, and build upon pre-existing technology solutions within existing architecture/patterns
- Contribute to requirements gathering and analysis activities such as storyboarding, developing use cases, and creating functional requirements specifications
- Create database models and build out models using SQL Server, then surface data to user interfaces by using object oriented techniques, often using object-to-relational mappers
- Create web user interface server-side functionality using ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Sitecore, and SharePoint
- Take responsibility for feature-focused unit and system testing (built both by you and others).
- Contribute to facilitating acceptance testing procedures and monitoring results
- Contribute to performance and load testing procedures and issue remediation
- Required Skills and Abilities
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and current design patterns/practices; and when we say solid, we mean SOLID.
- Deep hands-on knowledge of:
- The .NET Framework including Visual Studio, C#, and ASP.NET.
- Experience with designing relational databases and optimizing database structure for performance and/or maintainability and the ability to design and optimize queries.
- .NET based CMS (Sitecore, EPiServer, Kentico, Umbraco, etc).
- Experience with Object Relational Modeling (ORM) with different tools such as Entity Framework (and/or nHibernate) and LINQ.
- Experience with source control, work item tracking, and build management with Team Foundation Server (or similar).
- Consider refactoring a standard part of the development process.
- Focus on making yourself and those around you great.
- Motivation with an emphasis on team performance.
- Passion about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.
- Eagerness to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone.
- Ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented.
- Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of anticipating and exceeding customer expectations.
Nice to Have
- Strong experience working with layered architectures (N-Layer, Onion/Hex, DDD, CQRS) and an appreciation for appropriate layering and application structure.
- Hands-on experience building scalable web applications, in particular high frequency and low latency web applications with optimal memory management, performance, and scalability as a key focus.
- Experience in development and implementations using:
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Styling and Responsive Design techniques using technologies such as LESS, HTML5, Bootstrap, and SASS.
- Experience with Client-side browser development using jQuery, Knockout, or AngularJS; emphasis on Single Page Applications (SPA).
- Experience with native mobile application development on any platform.
- Experience with Cloud ecosystems including Azure or AWS.
- Demonstrate prior consulting experience.
- Exposure to project management experiences is a plus.
Willingness a to travel to clients located throughout the Chicagoland area as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Business/Computer Science or related field
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Occasional On-site Chair Massages
- Weekly Peapod Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Movie Nights, team sports, Rocket League Tournaments, Beer/whiskey Tastings, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Friday
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.