Broker X is set out to revolutionize the Energy Community – we are building a first-of-its-kind cloud-based platform for energy brokers and suppliers.
Who we are:
Our team has deep expertise in energy, technology, business optimization, and entrepreneurship. We are passionate about building scalable software-as-a-service platforms, empowering businesses to embrace new business models in the age of digital disruption.
What You'll Do:
BrokerX is looking for a TechOps Engineer to join our team of engineers. TechOps is similar to a Production Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). It merges software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed systems. This person is passionate about solving real-time problems so that our products can have the availability and reliability our customers demand. The TechOps Engineer thrives on automating processes, building release tools to enhance our build, testing, and deployment products. They will work closely with our software engineers to drive critical solutions that impact the entire organization.
- Be responsible for Production, Staging, and Development environments
- Document and Manage AWS Resources with Terraform
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, Github
- Participate in on-call duties for production issues
- Assess and mitigate risk exposure.
- Expert-level knowledge of Unix shell scripting
- Experience with Perl, Ruby, Python, Haskell, and SQL are all big pluses
- Create build tools for Engineering & Ops teams
- Collaborate with our growing Engineering, Product, and TechOps teams to build and iterate on our infrastructure to improve reliability and performance
- Identify performance issues and measure system performance, and monitor app performance
- Troubleshoot and debug system issues, determining how to prevent them in the future
- 3+ years of Technical Operations or related experience
- 3+ years of experience with Unix Shell scripting or other programming languages.
- 1+ years of experience with running web site and using web technologies
- 2+ years of experience with AWS & Terraform
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Understanding of monitoring, systems provisioning, networking