Site Reliability Engineer
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open. And most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
GoHealth is looking for an energetic and highly motivated SRE to join our team. If you are a Systems Engineer who loves automation, or a Software Developer who loves infrastructure, this job is for you! The SRE will be an integral part of our Software Development team, and this individual should have a passion for technology and open source software.
- Help build and deploy tools and systems that assist GoHealth's Engineering, QA, and Operations team, to deliver high-quality software.
- Work with development to help evolve our continuous delivery process.
- Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure in order to ensure proper SLA's are met.
- Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability.
- Document work associated with troubleshooting, while utilizing problem solving skills.
- Remain flexible.
- Have a strong sense of ownership for system uptime and performance.
- Knowledge of managing a Linux cluster environment (RHEL, CentOS)
- Exceptional skills with one or more scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl, Ruby or similar)
- Proven experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting any of the following technology components (or similar): Linux container technology and orchestration tools (docker/Orgin/Kubernetes), Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins), Logging and alerting platforms (Nagios/ElasticSearch/Splunk), Web application servers (Apache/Tomcat/Nginx), Databases in a distributed data center environment (MySQL/Couchbase, LDAP and Kerberos
- Detail oriented individual, with strong communication skills used to collaborate and keep others informed
- Ability to produce results while working independently, and in a team environment
- Bonus points for individuals with working knowledge of building and maintaining IP-based networks (Cisco) and F5 LTM, DNS and/or iRule development experience
- Experience with VMWare/vCenter or AWS is preferred, but not required
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer