Site Reliability Engineer at Lightstream
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:14 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Lightstream is building the future of live video production. Since 2014, we have been building a cloud-based livestreaming studio with the goal of removing all the technical hurdles and putting advanced production capabilities in the hands of beginners. Today, we have thousands of creators streaming with Lightstream Studio for thousands of hours every day. We have partnered with Microsoft to offer Lightstream Studio to millions of Xbox and Windows streamers as part of the native OS experience. We even license our technology to major game studios.
We’re a startup building enterprise-grade technical operations. Delivering high quality, low-latency video is our core business and performance is a critical feature. Our usage is growing month-over-month and every stream has to ‘just work.’ At Lightstream, Site Reliability Engineering means both working proactively to deliver performance, reliability, and efficiency and responding to production problems.
What we’re looking for...
- 5+ years industry experience in building, maintaining and operating distributed applications resulting in broad working knowledge. 10+ years desirable.
- Experience as a ‘Senior Software Engineer’ preferred.
- Demonstrated success at driving technical KPIs in areas such as performance, reliability or cost efficiency.
- Experience creating and using events, data and logs to diagnose and solve production problems across the stack.
- Ability to improve engineering efficiency via automation, especially via alerting and monitoring.
- Passion for both proactive and incident-driven technical operations work.
- A ‘good vibes’ teammate -- someone other people really want to work with.
We get really excited about people with...
- Experience in a systems/cloud/infrastructure/devops role.
- Expertise in infrastructure-as-code using technologies such as Pulumi, AWS CDK or Terraform.
- Strong fundamentals in networking and Linux system administration.
- Comfort with SDKs such as Boto3 and Azure SDK and functions such as AWS Lambda or Azure Functions.
- Familiarity or experience with digital audio/video concepts and technologies such as formats, codecs, containers, and transport methods.
- Experience with data pipelines and analytics datastores.
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS/Fargate/Azure ACI).
- Working familiarity with a diverse set of programming languages. Maybe you feel comfortable in a combination of Python, Go, C++ or Rust.
- Experience with the web technology stack we use most (React, Node.js, MongoDB)
- Proven track record of learning new languages, tools or approaches.
Our team is driven by curiosity, a constant state of learning, good vibes, and strong opinions loosely held. We constantly reevaluate our past decisions to divine an even better path forward. Most of our team has deep experience in gaming (Razer, Steelseries, AMD/ATI, MLG, and more), livestreaming (Twitch, Mixer, and more), and video (OBS). We were one of the top companies to go through Techstars in 2015, have been awarded a Chicago Innovation Award, and our early believers include MK Capital, Pritzker Group, MATH Ventures, Drive Capital, and more. We’ve been proud to not only build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of. We are grateful for the rare opportunity to solve exceptionally hard problems with people we love and respect.
Read Full Job Description