Site Reliability Engineer at Nielsen Global Connect
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help our talented, cross-functional team continue scaling Intelligence Studio to meet internal and external demand. Ideal candidates will be hands-on technologists with experience in big data, software engineering, and DevOps. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to work with creative engineers and cutting-edge technologies.
We use cutting edge technology and industry leading data science to tackle some of the hardest problems in marketing science. We’re leveraging exciting technology such as automating our models with artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce the same quality insights as a traditional white-glove consulting engagement at unparalleled speed
So what specifically is Intelligence Studio, you ask, and why is it so cool? Intelligence Studio is a horizontally scalable, cross-cloud, technology agnostic platform built with trusted open source components like Kubernetes, Spark and, Airflow., MLflow, and TensorFlow. It allows data scientists to focus on doing data science by taking care of essential concerns
like data access, logging, configuration, resource negotiation, dependency management, orchestration, and testing. This self-service, data science platform solution connects in with partners in a shared ecosystem, scales by usage, and has the building blocks to help our data scientists and clients move from creation to deployment of a data science project, at scale.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Build and troubleshoot software and integrations in a cloud-based microservices environment for big data applications
- Actively participate in team code reviews and enforce quality standards
- Work within a cross-functional team to author clear and purposeful epics/stories
- Promote and enforce best practices in development and operations
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses in the platform architecture
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WITH
- 5+ years of software development or related devops / systems administration experience
- Experience in Python, Scala, big data or cloud technologies preferred
- Experience building and supporting batch or real-time data processes with technologies including Airflow, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes, or TensorFlow preferred
- Experience with cloud software design, containerized microservices & highly technical debugging distributed caching preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience