Software Architect (Advocacy)
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team:
Advocacy solutions are available on web and mobile, and over 50 million consumers have access to our solutions. Our engineers are passionate about building an end-to-end experience that is seamless, performant, and scales to millions of users. If you share a similar passion for technology and are looking to solve hard practical problems, come join us!
At Rally Health we are an engineering driven company, where our technology is modern and agile. We host our microservices-based distributed systems in AWS. Automated processes drive and maintain our quality at the highest level. Some key technologies used are: Angular, React, Scala, Play, Akka, Kafka, Spark, HDFS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Marathon, Jenkins, RabbitMQ and Rules Engine.
Your day to day:
- Architect, build, and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture
- Research areas of investment in strategic initiatives that maintain competitive advantage
- Lead evaluation of new technologies
- Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
- Write high performance production quality code 40% - 50% of the time
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 10+ years industry experience in building and running large scale systems in production
- Expert level domain knowledge
- Command of Scala, or command of Java with a strong interest in learning Scala
- Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular and React
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS)
- Strong knowledge of computing concepts including API design, crafting, fault tolerance, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.https://youtu.be/NnDCqNIjKSI