Software Architect at FTD
We are at start of major digital transformation, digital team will adopt new roles, structures and new ways of working and thinking -- individual joining for this role will have major influence in shaping FTD's customer experience journey so come join us now!!!!What You Will Contribute:
- Participate with a multi-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and/or work independently as needed.
- Champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing within our growing ecosystem of cutting edge SOA based applications.
- Work within an agile group for varying degrees to deliver solutions and you will be empowered to transform and add your own personalized stamp at team and company level as we are in the process of agile transformation.
- Interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems--seek the biggest bangs!
- Drive innovative change across Information Technology to help the department meet its strategic goals.
- Work with team members at all levels of Information Technology to promote positive change, software best-practices, technical guidance when requested
- Mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets.
- Actively work with the team and managers in continuously improving SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- An annual bonus up to 20% of your base salary & eligible for RSU grants
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- Lines of business and a technology organization ready to embrace your role and the business value it brings.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
- Career opportunities! Those that have positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
- You are a rock star engineer equivalent to a Sr. director level with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to write code, is excited about building things and is passionate about robust software design.
- Evolve domain architecture based on real-world experience, product feedback and roadmap priorities.
- Actively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend solutions partner with engineering teams to create shared architecture which meets short term and long term need of the company.
- The Principal UI Engineer has 15 years + of software development experience working on complex projects.
- Strong experience using a client-side MV* framework such as (preferred), AngularJS, Ember, Backbone.JS, etc.
- Strong experience using CSS, LESS or Sass along with bootstrap designing responsive user interfaces.
- Experience using Node.js.
- You are fluent in several technologies - C#, .NET. , C++
- Possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- Experience writing stored procedures and views with relational databases and SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Proven experience in architecting, implementing and managing high performance scalable applications with more of the following: .NET, Web Services, JSP, EJB, Struts, , Ant, JSF JMS, XML, JBoss, Hibernate / MyBatis.
- You are experienced with using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server or other comparable source control/SDLC tools in a large environment.
- You have expertise with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice.
- Experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem solving techniques and object-oriented software design skills
- You are enthusiastic, motivated and able to work in teams.
- You are excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time and prioritizing those items so that your time is used efficiently.
- Bonus Points: Experience with the integration of third-party (licensed or open-source) e-commerce solutions.
- You are proficient with software design patterns.
- Experience working with business in defining solutions in an agile environment.
- You have excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- You take pride in producing high quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
- You have experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous (CI/CD) practices.
- You have experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Microservice architecture and practices
- REST service development and methodologies
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in Chicago, IL. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
FTD Companies is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral, specialty foods, gift and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.