Be an Innovative Agent of Change
Are you a brilliant Software Architect comfortable working in a fast-paced and innovative environment?
We continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our lines of business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial position will take a leading role in building applications. We're actively searching for top-level engineers to join newly created teams at FTD, who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
- Join a cross-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and/or work independently as needed.
- Champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing to our growing ecosystem of cutting edge SOA based applications.
- Work within an agile group and be empowered to add your personalized stamp on the team and the solutions we deliver.
- Interact closely with the business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems-seek the biggest bangs!
- Interface with team members across software teams to promote software best-practices, technical guidance when requested, and overall positive change.
- Mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets.
- Actively work with the team and managers in continuously improving the SDLC process and the efficiency and effectiveness of the engineering team.
What we offer:
- Exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems are handling large transactional volumes: processing more than 50,000 orders a day, close to 5 million payment transactions a week; handling more than 1.5 million customer notifications in a day, etc.
- We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, etc.
- A relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals always welcome, onsite gym with classes).
- The annual bonus of up to 10% of your base salary.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders.
- Career opportunities! If you have a positive impact, with a positive approach, have a very bright future as we change, grow, expand, and explore new and exciting work.
What we seek:
- You are a rock star engineer with the ability and interest in working on a broad range of different projects and technologies who loves to write code, is excited about building things and is passionate about robust software design.
- You have a minimum of four years of software development experience working on complex projects.
- Possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- You are proficient in Java on the Spring framework, as well as Web Services, WCF, Rest, SQL, and Windows Services.
- You are experienced with using Git and Team Foundation Server or other comparable source control/SDLC tools for a large environment.
- You are proficient in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice.
- Experience with Microservice architecture and practices.
- Experience in DevOps.
- Experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- Experience developing for high-volume web applications.
- Experience in Cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Experience with various e-commerce systems such as PIM, OMS, and FMS
- Experience building performing operations including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem-solving techniques, and object-oriented software design skills
- You are proactive, motivated and able to work in teams, and ready to mentor engineers
- You are excellent at juggling responsibilities and prioritizing those items so that your time is used efficiently.
- You are proficient with software design patterns.
- Experience defining business solutions in agile work environments.
- You have excellent written communication skills and verbal agility.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues, and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- You take pride in producing high-quality software utilizing automated unit and integration testing.
Join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic e-commerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Give FTD a look! This position will be in Downtown Chicago, IL.
FTD is a global premier floral and gifting company with a vision to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world. We provide floral and related products and services to consumers, retail florists, and other retail locations and companies in need of floral and gifting solutions.