Software Architect at Rally Health
Join Rally Health as a Software Architect where you will work on microservices-based distributed systems in AWS and report to the VP of the Virtual Care and Recover Teams.
- Architect, build, and ship highly scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Drive overall technical vision and architecture
- Research areas of investment in strategic initiatives that maintain competitive advantage
- Lead evaluation of new technologies
- Mentor engineers and keep the engineering bar high
- Write production quality code 40% - 50% of the time
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- 10+ years industry experience building and running large-scale systems in production
- Expert level domain knowledge
- Command of Scala, or command of Java with an interest in learning Scala
- Experience with modern JS libraries and frameworks like Angular and React
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS)
- Strong knowledge of computing concepts including API design, crafting, fault tolerance, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security
Rally Health™ is about putting health in the hands of the individual. With our easy-to-use online and mobile tools, we empower people by helping them take charge of their health and health care. Our culture is built on a belief of helping people live healthier lives, and we know that a diverse workforce enriches us with the talent, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally knows that we are strongest when our teams reflect the diversity of the world around us, and when Rallyers can do their best work in a workplace where they feel a sense of belonging.Our Benefits:
- Great compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision coverage, stock purchase plan, and 401(k)
- Wellness programs, including physical and mental health services
- Flexible paid time off for full-time employees & paid leave for new parents
Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to train and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.