Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
What We Do:
Uptake is a Chicago-based predictive analytics SaaS platform provider that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths—machine learning, analytics, data visualization and software development—with the expertise of our industrial partners. The result is enormous savings in development time and resources for Uptake’s partners and a proven industrial grade software platform that delivers value to partners and their end customers.
What You'll Do:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you’ll be the subject matter expert for quality engineering practices within a development team. You’ll identify risks; develop, document, and execute test plans; and write tests that can be incorporated into the automated build pipeline. You’ll also work closely with all members of the development team to ensure that everyone is capable of and actively contributing to these same quality efforts.
- 4+ years developing automated tests using an automated testing toolkit or framework
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle, software concepts, test methodologies and their application
- Experience developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases, and Test Data
- Backend testing experience is critical
- Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment and learn new concepts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with application users, developers, product owners, architects
- Nice to Have
- 2+ years of Object oriented coding, preferably while building test code which uses logic to test various parts of a large enterprise system
- Jenkins experience
- Experience with Selenium
- Rest API testing experience
- Experience in Agile software development environment
- Ability to develop complex queries and experience in SQL or other relational database
Why Work Here:
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.